1 September 2016

Enchiladas are Spanish for ‘An Excuse to Eat Tons of Cheese’

Hello! Welcome to September! Are you ready to rock the last four months of the year? We can make some big improvements and hit some big goals in that time. This morning I hit the road for 10 miles. It was an easy paced run while I listened to podcasts about running.

half marathon training plan (450x800)

I spotted the horse this morning too! It’s so random that I knew there were horse trails around but never saw them and now I’ve seen this horse (and her owner) three times now. I always run this path and never saw it before. This morning I stopped to take a picture and told the horse rider she was gorgeous!

the horse is back running blog (800x450)

horse lady on trail (800x450)

After running and eating I ran some errands. One of the stops was to See’s Candy. I LOVE that they always give you a sample. They have the best chocolate.

sees candy (800x450)

Remember that crockpot chicken I made for tacos yesterday?

Well, today I used the shredded chicken to make enchiladas. I added some mushrooms to them. And I used so much cheese. That’s the secret to good enchiladas (actually that’s the secret to life) ALL THE CHEESE!

chicken enchiladas (800x450)

how to make enchiladas (800x450)

enchilada time (800x450)

They came out so good! The combination of the seasoned chicken and roasted salsa made these super tasty.

enchiladas with all the cheese (800x450)

And then I hit the town for a few drinks out. I got ready while sipping a skinny margarita since I had the idea in my head from my taco post.

drinking and getting ready (450x800)

And since August is long gone – let’s recap the best parts of it…

Best Run Eat and Repeat Blog of August 2016

Favorite RUN

Technically the Suncadia Half Marathon was the last weekend of July but I didn’t have that recap done in time to post for my July highlights so I’m adding it here.

what i wore to half marathon

Favorite EAT

Ben’s flat cookies were pretty good straight out of the oven. Freshly baked cookies are just amazing no matter what so I have to vote for those.

but if you want something lighter…

Protein Waffle Recipe

protein waffle recipe

Favorite post I’d like to REPEAT

Tips from 100 time Marathon Runner Lisa Jackson

and the Revel Half or Full Marathon discounts

Race Discounts Reminders

The Revel Race Series is giving RER readers $10 off entries for their full or half marathon races.

Head’s up – this is a little more complicated than just using a code so follow along with me on this…

1. Sign up as a part of Team Run Eat Repeat to any of those races using the links below. That gets you $5.00 off.

2. “Like” their Facebook page when you checkout and that will get you another $5.00 off.

3. Run. Eat. Repeat.

*****************************************************

Lexus Lace Up Running Series – your choice of 4 races around Southern California

Discount Code:  RER15

*****************************************************

Rock N Roll Las Vegas Half or Full Marathon code (for either race)

Use code: RUNEATREPEAT

Question: What was the BEST thing you did or ate or saw in August?

The post Enchiladas are Spanish for ‘An Excuse to Eat Tons of Cheese’ appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment