9 September 2015

I Only Know How to Make Turkey

Today is predicted to be the hottest day of the year in SoCal!! So far that looks to be true – check it out, it’s like 102 right now!!?!!

hottest day of the year

Last night I was ‘pretzel-ed up’ with Ben on the couch (he is obsessed with cuddling, kind of like a puppy but less hairy and a lot bigger). Anyway.

I was showing him this super weird bruise on my knee. It’s like actually on a more boney part of my knee joint and is a bit creepy. It’s a lot darker in person, but doesn’t hurt at all. I want to Google it, but I’m a hypochondriac and know I’ll just end up writing my will and telling my family good-bye. 

check out this weirdo bruise (450x800)

(Yes, I have shorts on I jut realized this pic looks weird.)

Since the Ben-ster is in town I’ve been cooking a lot more than usual. Last night I cooked up ground turkey to have two ways = tacos and with rice.

I always cook like 4 servings at a time but this way it won’t be 4 of the exact same meal. I prepared the turkey first and seasoned it up. Then, I made tacos. I mixed the rest of the ground turkey with brown rice, peas and corn. Boom.

turkey tacos (800x450)

Bonus tip: Adding in some hummus OR a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese to this rice mixture would make it super creamy!

lean turkey meat two ways

And now I have leftovers portioned out in individual containers so I don’t have to worry about dinner tonight. #winning

This morning I sported my Advocare shirt for a short run. Since it’s so hot I am going to hold off on any high mileage running until tomorrow.

This pink tee was a nice surprise – and extra appreciated since I’ve seen so many people sign up for the 24 Day Challenge! I love following along on other people’s weight loss journeys. Let me know if you are doing it too or have any questions.

24 day challenge victory lap 1 (450x800)

Post run I did a lot of stretching and made a green monster smoothie.

starting a healthy day (450x800)

Question: What’s the weather like where you are?

Do you think I’m a goner because of the bruise? Do you want my cat?

The post I Only Know How to Make Turkey appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment