18 March 2017

Eating Deli Chicken and Strawberries In The Car Like A Weirdo

Hello! How’s it going? Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day? Celebrating the weekend? Running the LA Marathon?? Tell me!(In the comments below, don’t actually call me or anything because I’m busy listening to podcasts. Thanks.)

10 day cleanse food blog 12 (442x589)

The LA Marathon is this weekend and I’m getting ready to run (and eat). I wanted to make a visor for the occasion, but I don’t know if that will happen after all. Luckily, I did score a green running skirt to wear for the race! Boom.

This morning I got in a good 8 mile run and some upper body strength work courtesy of Beach Body on Demand. This time it was the 21 Day Fix extreme upper body. This year the LA Marathon is part of my training so I’m not going for a PR, which is why I’m not completely tapering. I take it a little easier the week before and after a race but don’t do a real taper.

what to eat before race day 10 (442x589)

Even though I’m not aiming to PR I still need to run a smart, strong race.

My interview with Meb Keflezighi was full of amazing tips and reminders for running a good race.

I asked him for tips for runners going for a PR or Boston Qualifying time in their next marathon. He said:

“It’s going to hurt at one point. We hope it hurts at mile 20 and not mile 6, but you’re waiting for it. Think about people less fortunate than you. I’m hurting but I’m going to get to that finish line. Walk if you have to – I’ve walked before.

There are people out there that don’t have the chance to finish the race – you have the chance to walk. Not everything is going to go your way. Put your head down and keep going forward, appreciate the moment. Take every moment in or you’re going to regret it.”

I love that and it’s so true. It seems encouraging and scary and awesome all at the same time. “It’s going to hurt at one point, we just hope it hurts at mile 20, not 6…”

its going to hurt

He also talked about pacing. Ugh. I am the worst at this.

He said to try and go easy out and then around 18 or 19 pick up the pace and go for negative splits.

I know. I know. It’s really hard for me, but I’m going to try and run smarter.

 

In food news… my 10 day clean eating challenge is going well. Almost done!!

Breakfast and lunch are easy to eat healthy, but I always want to snack at night.

what to eat before race day 4 (442x589)

I was out and about today and suddenly HANGRY. I had to pick something up at Target and grabbed some healthy snacks to tide me over. (This was on my Instagram stories. Do ya follow me? I need to do more stories, I love other people’s.)

what to eat before race day 3 (442x589)

I’ve been trying to eat fruit or yogurt at night but that doesn’t always happen OR I eat those things when I’m 100% not hungry. I just have the worst night time snacking habit ever. Ever.

Yes, I’ve done the hot tea and brushing teeth and hypnotizing and everything else. Trust me. It’s just a work in progress. Really, it has gotten better – but I’d like to eliminate it completely. I’ll deal with that later.

what to eat before race day 6 (442x589)

New Food finds:

Costco has this Carne Asada seasoning that I’m excited about. Put it on everything.

10 day cleanse food blog 6 (442x589)

Also at Costco…

Clif Nut Butter Filled Bars!

what to eat before race day 7 (442x589) what to eat before race day 8 (442x589)

 

team sparkle 5k 1

Want to run a virtual 5K for a GREAT Cause?

Good because I really want to share this Runraiser for a Virtual 5K that donates all the profits to support finding a cure for Rett Syndrome.

Team Sparkle Virtual 5K for Rett Syndrome

When – anytime you want

Where – anywhere you want

How – Sign up for $35 here

What – You get a bib and medal AND all the profits go to support

Why? Rett Syndrome is a horrible disease that traps close to half a million girls in their bodies leaving them unable to speak, walk or even use their hands. Team Sparkle is running to raise funds that will go to research finding a cure.

Sign up here, do the 5K whenever you have time and share your pictures with me or on Instagram with #TeamRER and #TeamSparkle !!

team sparkle 5k

Question: What are you doing this weekend?

Any good food finds?

The post Eating Deli Chicken and Strawberries In The Car Like A Weirdo appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment